The basic Quantum Neo system provides a frame to which up to five measurement modules can be added as required. It takes seconds to configure and is equipped with a user interface that provides key information, a graphical representation of process capability and stores the data in a network-accessible ODBC Compliant database.
There are more than 20 module measurements available - please see individual datasheets for further information about Quantum Neo shelves.
Infeed Systems for the Quantum Neo
There are several sample-feeding systems available for the Quantum Neo. Each Quantum Neo has its own manual-fed hopper, where users can place samples to be tested. In addition to this, alternative automated-fed systems are available.
The Auto-sampling system is a flexible system that can automatically sample filter rods from up to 2 locations and transport these to a Quantum Neo docking station fitted with a receiver. The samples are then fed through the test station with no manual intervention required.
Another system is the Auto-hopper, which is a carousel system comprising 30 buckets, each can be pre-loaded with up to 25 samples. The carousel will then rotate and place the samples into the hopper for auto-feeding into the test station. A total of 750 samples can be tested in one single batch or as multi-bucket batches to allow a hands-free testing solution.
Datasheets are available for the Quantum Neo Test station, infeed systems and specific measurement shelves, these can be viewed or downloaded using the links below.
Quantum Neo Measurement Shelf options:
- A: Ventilation and Pressure Drop (Auto-calibration Pressure Drop) - Cigarette
- B: Pressure Drop - Filter (vacuum)
- C: Diameter Size - Laser
- D: Pressure Drop (Auto-calibration Pressure drop) - Filter (vacuum)
- E: Pressure Drop - Filter (pressure)
- F: Auto Sorter - Fixed (at the bottom of the machine in place of the waste bin)
- G: Non-contact length
- H: Hardness
- J: Ventilation and Pressure Drop (Auto-calibration Pressure Drop and Ventilation) - Cigarette
- K: Moisture and Density - Cigarette
- M: Moisture - Filter
- N: Non-contact length
- Q: X-ray
- R: Auto Sorter - Shelf (replaces a measurement shelf)
- S+: Multi-position diameter Size - Laser
- T: Circumference size - Tape
- U: Moisture, Density and Length
- V: Ventilation and Pressure Drop - Cigarette
- W: Individual weight
- X: Individual weight (Auto-calibration)
- Y: End-form analyser
- Z: Diameter Size - Laser (extended positional range)